Sunday, November 23, 2008

Surprise!!!!


My mom is such a trickster. We have all been saying "oh I wish Kelly could be home for Thanksgiving or Christmas" but we all knew she would be home in September for dads 60th (old man) However for the last month mom and Kelly have been planning for her to come home for Thanksgiving, what nuts. Nobody knew but the two of them, they wanted it to be a surprise and boy was it. All day Saturday while we were shopping mom would say oh I have to go to work tomorrow, she even had it on the calender as "work overtime", Val and I kept saying just call in sick. Mom was not going for that saying "oh no I cant do that we all have to take our turns". ok no big deal mom has to do OT. So she gets up and heads off to "work" even dad thought she was going to work, but really she goes to the air port to pick up Kelly. They do a little shopping in Ogden killing time so they can surprise Val Derrick and Ruger at church. However they shopped to long and missed them after church so mom calls derrick (val didn't have her phone) and he said they were at Wallies so mom heads to Wallies and Val Derrick and Ruger were just walking out as mom passed the door. Val said I think that was my mom and Kelly and Derick says no it wasn't. Well on closer inspection by Val she realizes it is mom and Kelly and does a dance in the Wallies parking lot and runs to see them. Then when they got home mom calls me (I too was just leaving Wallies) she says when you get home come on over I got something for you from work. i said mom you work at Autoliv what could you have gotten me from there? She says just come out. i hesitated and finally listed to mother like I should and said ok I'll get the groceries put away and come over.....I know this is a long story just keep reading..... So I put the stuff away explain to Chad that mom has a surprise and I need to go get it. so I get to moms and the door is locked I knocked and look in the driveway to count cars, yep all here why is the door locked? and to my surprise Kelly opens the door. I was dumbfounded I screamed and cried and latched on to her in disbelief yelling What are you doing here.......What a great surprise. she will be here till the first, and we are all so thankful to have her here.
We sure will miss Rosie Roo though, she was not able to come due to work...We love you Rosie wish you were here too.

0 comments: